As an IT company, we take the subject of information security very seriously. For this reason, we are certified according to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 as a whole. In addition, our data centers (location Germany) are TÜV and ISO certified. The information security of our company does not end with the certification for us. We have set ourselves the goal of always exceeding the requirements of the certification and also to implement measures outside the certification.
- The core principles of the EPLASS IT-security are organized in well-balanced proportions of confidentiality, availability and integrity
- We always keep the relation between system security, handling and the required functionality for our customers in mind.
- Frequent audits, also carried out by our clients, guarantee the highest possible standards of security, data privacy protection & confidentiality. Your data is safe with EPLASS!
- ur two physically separate certified datacenters run partly in the active/active or in the active/passive operating mode. The file-/database servers are organized in a so-called cluster, which means, that the entire information between the datacenters is being mirrored in real time. The locations of the data centers are exclusively in Germany
- Configured application server farms and also the cluster assure an extremely high reliability. Should one of our datacenters be inaccessible, it is guaranteed, that the main system keeps running without significant interruption.
- Both our datacenters are linked among each other and also into the world wide web via Fibre-optic cable. This provides a fast connection with a very high bandwidth.
- A redundant energy supply with UPS system, based on a Diesel generator and storage battery cells, ensures the availability also in the case of a power outage in the datacenters. Precision air conditioners and fire-resistant materials are the complementary measures for a secure and unobstructed system operations in the datacenter.
- In terms of the selection of our IT-components we have set great value on high-quality solutions from leading manufacturers.
- Our servers are equipped with a redundant array of independent hard discs (RAID system) as well as redundantly dimensioned power supply units.
- An internal and external monitoring-system controls the key server- and performance parameters. That allows the network administration, using the systems integrated alarm system, to promptly act on disturbances even outside the office hours.
- The access to the datacenters is only permitted for a small group of authorized persons, who must pass through a three-step access control system for authentication.
- Our access points are, without exception, protected by „unified threat management“ Firewall – Appliances. A centralized collection of diverse safety mechanisms offers an effective and comprehensive protection for the data, entrusted to our care. The active/passive operation mode of the appliances ensures a quick operation recovery in case one of the of the security components fails.
- Two separate authentication systems allow the customers the access to our system.
- Furthermore we achieved an increased security for our platform with a physical separation of the Front and Back-end, by splitting them in an application- and a file-server.
- The transmission of data between the EPLASS user and our datacenter is being carried out with a hybrid encryption protocol. This prevents the transmission of clear text information such as login information during the entire connection period.
- Various user- and system related security directives are held in the system, as additional security mechanisms to protect our customer’s data.
- The differentiation of access rights is being made with a combination offile system-rights, consistantaccess control lists for databases, role allocations and the authorization for the release of drawing documents.
- The integrity of the data and information to be edited and saved is given through appropriate technical measures in the server- and application level. This includes extensive protocol functionalities and specific checks from the server on the data pool integrity, in order to guarantee and retrace the completeness and unchangeability of the data pool at any time.
- EPLASS has arranged a bundle of organisational and technical measures for an early and effective detection of the most diverse forms of viruses. The corresponding countermeasures can be launched at an early stage, and thus it is possible to minimize damage to the system.
- An essential aspect of our virus protection is the constant checking of the system efficiency with a continual and automatized update of the used virus protection solution.
- A proliferation of viruses can almost be excluded due to the system architecture as it is being used in EPLASS.
- The availability of data at any time is an important factor for a successful business. Besides all technical measures and efforts, EPLASS has developed a wide-ranging data security concept for a „worst-case-scenario“ in order to be able to provide the maximum security for our customers.
- All data files are exported every day via fiber optic link to a third location, where they are being saved with the so-called grandfather-father-son-backup (GFS), using tape-libraries on magnetic tapes. These tapes are stored in a certified, water and fire-proof safe.
- As an additional security standard, the latest complete security solution is deposited in a highly secure safe deposit box (third location).
- EPLASS provides consequent and fast disaster recovery measures with short and pre-defined processes.
To obtain and maintain the certificate, an annual surveillance audit and every three years a recertification audit of an external audit company is scheduled, which DQS GmbH carries out at EPLASS.
EPLASS is also certified for the areas of Common Data Environment and Building Information Modeling. The entire scope of the certificate covers "Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) services and consulting with a focus on construction in the areas of Common Data Environment (CDE) for Building Information Modeling (BIM), project, drawing and document management including check and release processes (workflows) with digital signatures".
The confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information and customer data are always top priority at EPLASS, far beyond the requirements of the ISO certificate.
If you have any questions regarding information security, please contact us.