As a cloud-based Common Data Environment (CDE) EPLASS realises the digital review and approval process for infrastructure projects of any size. Intelligent digitalisation ensures the success of construction projects and reduces time, costs and effort. EPLASS develops digital solutions for the construction industry and supports cross-company cooperation in drawing and document management for a wide range of projects. In addition, the range of services includes solutions for process management, including building information modelling (BIM).
We, as EPLASS project collaboration GmbH, demonstrate our decades of experience in the field of infrastructure and large-scale projects.
It all began in 1996 with an idea contest held by Deutsche Bahn for the new Nuremberg-Ingolstadt line , the aim of which was to digitally map the entire review and approval process for the project. With the win, the idea was born on a piece of paper and so in 1999 our company was founded as SEIB InformationsTechnologie Consult GmbH (SEIB ITC).
In the course of the last 20 years we have developed into an internationally active company and additional products have been added to the original Drawing Management system, such as BIM Collaboration, Objection- and Condition Management as well as Document-, Defect- and Protocol Management and many more in the area of internet-based cooperation. In order to have a consistent presence on the market, we have renamed ourselves into our product EPLASS (Elektronisches PlanmanagementSystem SEIB) in 2012.
Our mission: With intelligent digitalisation we ensure the success of your construction project and reduce time, effort and costs.
The vision: Redefine processes with digital project management: construction intelligence.
With more than 20 years of experience in digital drawing management, EPLASS proves its professional know-how in the management of construction projects and infrastructure projects of any size. Ob small ormajor project, infrastructure, Public Private Partnership or public authorities – the more complex the processes, the greater the benefit of EPLASS. Our major projects for Deutsche Bahn include VDE8, S21, Hamburg/Bremen-Hannover, Rastatt Tunnel, Rhein-Ruhr-Express, ABS 48, ABS 38, ABS Hanau-Gelnhausen and many more. For all customers we offer our expertise in consulting and digitalization of the check and release process in the construction industry. Benefit from decades of experience for your next project.
There are many compelling reasons for EPLASS. Here in pdf you can see the advantages at a glance.
The benefits for EPLASS.pdf
Why you should choose EPLASS.
The extensive knowledge about the various possibilities of EPLASS, the many years of experience in construction projects of all types and sizes, as well as the constant exchange of our project managers with the software developers and system administrators guarantee the high quality of our consulting services to help your digital transformation to success. Not only can you expect our platform to facilitate your project communication, but also a comprehensive consulting service from start to finish.
Do you have an idea of how you can make your project platform even more effective?
We will be pleased to help you and implement innovative ideas into your individual EPLASS platform within the shortest time.
Would you rather count on the expertise of our project managers and their years of experience?
We are happy to assist you with fundamental concepts and ideas for planning your individual CDE.
The EPLASS project manager consults particularly in:
- Definition and creation of workflows for drawings and documents
- Process definition and optimization
- Design of forms
- Creating drawing numbers and file naming conventions
- Time management
- Controlling and reporting
- Use of additional modules like Defect Management or Claim Management
- Handover at project end (keyword: digital construction file)
- and many more
A workflow (= plan process) is an instrument for flexibly mapping formalized business processes. An EPLASS Workflow intelligently automates processes and structures. External project participants and service providers are also integrated. A workflow serves the efficient organisation and coordination of the cooperative work.
- Workflows are the foundation of most EPLASS projects. Together with the EPLASS project manager, the processes and people involved in the process are defined. From this, workflow diagrams are created to visualise the processes. With the help of EPLASS, different project participants can check sequentially and in parallel.
- With the viewer integrated in EPLASS, documents and plans are checked online and digitally. A download of the documents is not necessary. EPLASS automatically merges the comments and review notes at the end of a parallel review. In the workflow, the deadlines for the processing of the individual tasks are also defined.
- For the processing of workflow tasks different groups are defined. A distinction can be made between users who are authorized to sign and users who are not. Versions can also be implemented in which a "four-eye check" by two reviewers is required before a document can be forwarded.
As an IT company, we take the subject of information security very seriously. For this reason we are, as a whole company, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified. In addition, our data centres (located in Germany) are TÜV and ISO certified. The information security of our company is not limited to certification. We have set ourselves the goal of always exceeding the requirements of the certification and also to implement measures outside the certification.